Friday, June 26, 2015

Skip Beat 225 Review


This chapter was full of amazing parts.  I really loved the entire stalker exchange between Sebastian and Shou.  The look on Shou's face was certainly priceless.  But I think Sho's manager showing his "admiration" for Shou and empathizing with the "stalker" was probably the cherry on top for me.  Shou's response of disgust was just so funny I was laughing for awhile.

















The parts I didn't like was that Ren still didn't fess up that he's Corn.  I guess this is more because of the fact that the author wants Kyoko to really love Ren for Ren and not have an idealized vision of fairies clouding it.  It could also be so she can use this later as a plot device.  I might be dating myself here but if anyone else saw the TV series, Lois and Clark, The Adventures of Superman, that show had Lois being in love with Superman and then eventually falling in love with Clark only to find out inevitably that they are one and the same.  Of course then there's episodes devoted to her shock and the drama of being lied to this whole time, etc.  I can see this mirroring that a little.  I for one am ready for this whole Corn cover thing to just end so we can get to the juicy plots of the love triangle and the media finding out about the "dangerous siblings."  
But there were certainly some great highlights, I along with probably half the readers all melted when Ren said, "I just no matter what wanted to see you sooner."



I loved that unlike Shoujos out there Skip Beat has still managed to maintain a nice balance of the drama/plot development with the humor.  I loved Ren's comments about how maybe he should have been more concerned with the baldness warnings from Jelly.  That was so random it caught me off guard and was so funny.  I also loved the funny little Kyoko and Ren memories of eating rock hamburgers.  I can't wait for the next chapter and am so glad it'll be sooner than the 20th next month!  4th of July holiday will help make the days go even faster this month I hope.  I don't really care as much about the Kyoko vs. Kyoko's mom faceoff but am looking forward to seeing more of the love triangle plotline playout.