Wednesday, July 29, 2015

True Detective Season 2

What can I say about my latest fave show?  I love it so far.  I know what the critics have been saying and I don't care.  I liked season 1 also but it's just a very different show in my opinion.  I also really like the opening song and it has very interesting lyrics that I think has more meaning the more you watch the show, especially as you learn more about specific characters.  To show my love of the song in pairing with it, I've overlayed the lyrics over a few nice images from the show.






SPOILER AHEAD






This is by far one of my fave scenes.

I really question if they had actually continued forth with the scene with a very different ending in which he's actually dead if this series would have been even better because it would certainly have been unpredictable and innovative.  But then again, it's been pretty great watching the interactions between the characters so maybe killing off the real main character on episode 3 might have been too drastic.