Sunday, May 03, 2015

Kodomo no Omocha and Its Sequel Deep Clear

Before there was Gakuen Alice, there was Kodomo no Omocha (Kodocha as some know it as).  This is by far one of my all-time favorite mangas and animes (up until they stopped following the plot in the manga).  This was one of the first mangas I'd seen where they paired a super hyper/happy girl with a dark/angst-filled boy and mixed both extreme comedy with drama together.  I loved it.  My online names and even this blog was named after it.  My blog was Kodomo no Yume shortened to Kodoyume which means Child's Dream because I loved the Kodomo no Omocha (Child's Toy) and it was to pay homage to it.

But the only way to truly understand is to check out the manga:
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/kodomo_no_omocha/

Recently I found out that in celebration of the 10 year anniversary of the manga, the author, Miho Obama wrote a one-shot sequel with a cross-over of one of her Josei series.  I'm not a fan of Honey Bitter which is the cross-over manga it's combined with but I love Kodocha and there was plenty of it in the book for me to be satisfied with.

And to see grown-up Hayama and Sana along with a quick peek at all your old faves, it was every fan-girl's dream.  This is the stuff that no fanfics can ever compare to because the real author made it.

To read this sequel:
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/deep_clear/


Now I am going to have a link below of an image that I just anime style fell over due to emotion but I don't want anyone to click on it unless you're prepared for a spoiler.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/51/82/34/518234c3cc9c7d22d6c96d276001f594.jpg